You are welcome to become a SHJLD member if you are a:
- Trainee Solicitor;
- Solicitor up to 5 years PQE;
- Another category of Law Society enrolled student, for example, those looking for a training contract and working as paralegals; or
- Newly qualified Barristers or Pupil.
The yearly membership fee is £40.00 per member and this includes all the benefits listed below. It is worth asking your firm to cover the cost of your membership, as many are happy to do so.
We have also joined up with the Hampshire Law Society and offer a combined membership with the SHJLD for an annual fee of £55.00.
Becoming a member…
Benefits of becoming a member of the SHJLD include:
- An email helpline service – firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Access to seminars, informal one-to-one sessions and hot tips from leading legal recruitment agencies in the South;
- Free seminars on topics pertinent to a career in the legal profession;
- Social and networking events held locally;
- Sporting and charity events held locally;
- The opportunity to network with a wide variety of junior professionals – both law and non-law;
- The opportunity to get to know the partners of the future and influence the future of the legal profession.
Joint membership with SHJLD and the Hampshire Law Society includes all of the above benefits as well as:
- A dedicated website to give you up to date information regarding current matters of law
- Extensive lecture programme with reduced rates for members
- Quarterly magazine and the opportunity to contribute articles
- A range of social and networking events
- Free CPD events
Events for law students also available throughout the year.
If you would like to become a member of the SHJLD, please contact James Kitching at email@example.com for a membership form.
If you have any general queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org