You are welcome to become a SHJLD member if you are a:
- Student studying the GDL, LPC or BPTC;
- Legal Executive or Trainee Legal Executive;
- Trainee Solicitor;
- Solicitor up to 5 years PQE;
- Newly Qualified Barristers or Pupil; or
- Any other category of Law Society enrolled student; for example, those looking for a training contract.
The yearly membership fee is £40.00 per member and this includes all the benefits listed below. It is worth asking your firm to cover the cost of your membership, as many are happy to do so.
Becoming a member…
Benefits of becoming a member of the SHJLD include:
- An email helpline service – firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Access to seminars, informal one-to-one sessions and hot tips from leading legal recruitment agencies in the South;
- Free seminars on topics pertinent to a career in the legal profession;
- Social and networking events held locally;
- Sporting and charity events held locally;
- The opportunity to network with a wide variety of junior professionals – both law and non-law;
- The opportunity to get to know the partners of the future and influence the future of the legal profession.
Events for law students also available throughout the year.
If you would like to become a member of the SHJLD, please contact Emma Smith at Emma.Smith@wbd-uk.com for a membership form.
If you have any general queries, please email us at email@example.com